I find myself at the end of another year and a stack of books still sitting unread. Why did I not finish these must-read books on my list?
It isn’t my lack of reading; it is usually life that has gotten in the way.
With anything, I like to have a plan.
This year I want to read a book a week. Not just any books.
I want to read Must-Read Books.
One book every week for 52 weeks.
So over the course of several days, I researched books that I wanted to read and divided them into categories.
For a whole year, I will read one of these books a week and will come back and give more insight as the year progresses.
Enjoy this list of must-read books.
Christian Woman Must-Read Books:
- Wild and Free: A Hope-Filled Anthem for the Woman Who Feels She is Both Too Much and Not Enough
- Loving My Actual Life: An Experiment in Relishing What’s Right in Front of Me
- Choosing Real: An Invitation to Celebrate When Life Does Not Go As Planned
- The Flipside of Feminism–What Conservative Women Know and Men Can’t Say
- What Our Mothers Didn’t Tell Us – Why Happiness Eludes the Modern Woman
- Glimpses of Grace: Treasuring the Gospel in Your Home
- Hands-Free Life: Nine Habits for Overcoming Distraction, Living Better, and Loving More
- The Broken Way
- Beautiful in God’s Eyes: The Treasures of the Proverbs 31 Woman
- Adopted for Life
Marriage Must-Read Books:
- 7 Things He’ll Never Tell You…But You Need to Know
- The Good Girls Guide to Great Sex (and you thought bad girls have all the fun)
- Messy, Beautiful Love: Hope and Redemption for Real-Life Marriages
- The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands
- And They Were Not Ashamed: Strengthening Marriage Through Sexual Fulfillment
- The Mingling of Souls: God’s Design for Love, Marriage, Sex, and Redemption
Parenting / Homeschooling Must-Read Books:
- A Return to Modesty: Discovering the Lost Virtue
- Prude: How the Sex-Obsessed Culture Damages Girls (and America, too!)
- Breaking Busy: How to Find Peace and Purpose in a World of Crazy – If you are looking for a way to get off the hamster wheel of life – this is the book for you! In fact, the only reason I am still blogging is because of this book. Alli showed me that I can put what is important first and still pursue my hobby.
- Growing Up Social: Raising Relational Kids in a Screen-Driven World
- The Unhurried Homeschooler *
- Called Home: Finding Joy in Letting God Lead Your Homeschool
- How to Talk so Kids Will Listen and Listen so Kids Will Talk
- What a Son Needs From His Mom
- What a Girl Needs From Her Mom
- The Whole-Brain Child
- Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full
- 8 Simple Tools for Raising Great Kids
- Becoming a Spiritually Healthy Family
- The Entitlement Trap
- Teach a Child to Read with Children’s Books
- The Talks
Work-Related Must-Read Books:
- Design Your Day: Be more productive, Set better goals, Live life on purpose
- Taming the To Do List: How to Choose Your Best Work Every Day
- Blog at Home Mom: Balancing Blogging and Motherhood
- Money-Making Mom
- Effortless Healing
- The Miracle Morning for Writers
- Balancing in Heels
Fiction Must-Read Books:
- All the Light We Cannot See
- Though Waters Roar
- The Art of Losing Yourself
- What Alice Forgot
- The Light Between Oceans
- The Mothers
- Some Women
- While We’re Far Apart
- The Midnight Watch
- Song of Silence
- The Prayer Box
- Big Little Lies
- Something in Between
Do you have any to add to my list for 2017??