I have gone back and forth on teaching cursive.
My boys do not like it!
But it is a skill that I would like them to have. And I think it is important that they can read cursive.
According to TIME Magazine, these are five excellent reasons why kids should learn cursive:
- American institutions still require signatures.
- It is good for your mind!
- You will need to know cursive if you ever want to read the Declaration of Independence.
- Some people need it! Researchers have suggested that cursive can serve as a teaching aid for children with learning impairments like dyslexia.
- People like the way it looks!
Since I want to make learning cursive a priority in our home, I found these FREE worksheets to use.
This website is a fantastic resource filled with pages and pages of cursive instruction and practice.
This website can be the perfect printable cursive curriculum for your homeschool or review and practice.
The first year cursive covers three parts: Introduction to lower-case letters, extra practice with lower-case letters, and upper-case letters.
The intermediate cursive is so neat! It has packets that cover Countries of Central America, Big Cities & Landmarks, the Branches of Science, Poisonous Snakes of the World, Free World Explorers, and Free Cities of the World.
The advanced cursive follows the same format as the intermediate with longer passages. These packets cover Bats of the World, Invertebrates, Quotes, Natural Substances, Bible Verses, Countries of Africa, and Seabirds.
So what are you waiting for? Bookmark this page for FREE homeschool curriculum for years to come.